Monday, July 9, 2018

Lewis Mission Moments - A Lifetime of Memories

Sita Patel, student

"I am truly honored and grateful to be the recipient of the Livingston Family Endowment for Study Abroad Scholarship for my semester abroad in Spain this past spring. The generosity of donors in providing this scholarship has given me the amazing opportunity to enhance my educational and cultural experience abroad. On a personal note, I am the last in my family to attend college, and as the youngest of three children, I hope to make my parents proud as their last child walks across the stage in two and a half years. My experience at Lewis so far has been filled with many joyous memories and unique opportunities. I took U.S.-Latino Literature my second semester of freshman year, and the course taught me a lot about the Latinos in the Western Hemisphere. It prompted me to want to study abroad in Spain to learn about the Spanish history in the Eastern Hemisphere. After I graduate from Lewis, I am hoping to teach Spanish in a high school setting in the state of Illinois. The experience was amazing, and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to have experienced another culture and country to enhance my education."

Want to see more photos and read about Sita's educational adventure? Visit sitasabroad.blogspot.com.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment